The Right Kitchen Can Add Serious Value to Your Home
If planned correctly, kitchen remodels are one of the best ways to add value to your home.
At Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling, we work with all of our clients to ensure the foundation of your project — the planning stage — is done right.
Since kitchens are one of the most-used spaces in any house, when you improve the design, layout, and quality of this space, it improves your entire home.
We’ve been planning, designing, and building kitchens with luxury features in the Boston area since 1999.
No matter what you’re hoping to achieve with your kitchen remodel, we’ll help you plan and design the perfect space for your home.
How to Plan the Perfect Kitchen Remodel
1. Evaluate The Space
Take a look at what you have to work with. It’s important to know your limitations before coming up with ways to improve the space. It’s also good to understand what you like about your current kitchen and what you don’t. Consider what you wish you had. This will help you guide the direction of your kitchen remodel.
2. Decide on Goals for Your Kitchen Remodel
Do you need more storage? Wish you had newer appliances? Want to knock down walls and create an open floor plan? Deciding these now will keep your project on track. This is also a good time to consider whether you’ll be remodeling other parts of your home now or in the future, and how your kitchen will fit into that long-term picture.
3. Set a Budget
Once you know what you have and what you want, figure out a budget that is realistic given your financial situation and what you are hoping to achieve. Knowing your budget will give contractors and yourself a good idea of what’s possible. You’ll also be able to set better expectations and zero in on the scope of renovations that can be completed.
4. Hire the Right Team
The most important piece of the puzzle is working with a kitchen remodeler that can bring it all together. At Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling, we’re experienced Boston remodelers and are experts at working with homeowners to help them plan, design, and build the perfect kitchen. We’re known for our design prowess, excellent communication, and outstanding finished results.
Our Proven 6-Step Kitchen Remodeling Process
Our remodeling process picks up where the kitchen planning stage leaves off. We’ll work with you to design and build the perfect kitchen for your home, using the foundation of your planning as the north star of your project.
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation, as well as an on-site meeting to view your kitchen.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting.
Our team will create drawings of the current layout of your kitchen and surrounding rooms, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceiling and beam systems
- Interior partition layouts, including walls, doors, & windows
- Plumbing hookups and appliances
- Cabinets, countertops, and kitchen islands
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed kitchen layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project, including:
- Appliances & features
- Lighting fixtures
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking availability on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and administrative office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
Why Choose Bay State Refinishing and Remodeling For Your Kitchen Remodel?
Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified
When we send a worker to your project, you can feel confident that they’re fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Our entire team is covered under workers’ compensation insurance.
Throughout every stage of your project, your Project Manager will oversee the worksite at your home. This keeps your project on track while the Remodeling Coordinator manages all orders and shipments off site.
Best-in-Boston 1-Year Guarantee
We want you to love your new kitchen. We offer our best-in-Boston warranty on all kitchen remodels. We’ll be here a year from now to address any issues that might come up throughout your warranty period.
Communication to Fit Your Needs
We believe the best results are achieved when there is open and attentive communication between our team and our clients. Whether it’s emails, text messages, or phone calls, we’ll use a method that suits your lifestyle.
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling delivers the highest-quality refinishing and remodeling work for clients throughout Boston.
With over 20 years of experience, our licensed and award-winning remodeling team has built a reputation for delivering unmatched service and outstanding results. From your initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll love our…
- Dedication to your complete satisfaction
- Focus on delivering results that are built to last
- Individualized service and easy communication