At Bay State Remodeling & Refinishing, our bathroom, kitchen, and whole-home remodeling specialists are experts at improving Belmont homes through impeccable designs, distinguished layouts, and unmatched customer service. Whether it’s implementing a more modern style, upgrading features, adding space, or completing refined traditional improvements, we can help you improve your space.
We’ve provided premium workmanship, quality materials, and attentive customer service in the Belmont area since 1999.
We are proud to be featured on:
“Bay State has been fantastic from my first contact with them to the finished product. They renovated our two bathrooms, and they came out beautiful. David, our project manager, was great and made the whole process stress free and a pleasure. The whole team was responsive, professional and great to work with. They have my highest recommendation.”
– Caryn B.
Our Remodeling Services
If you have an outdated, cramped, or messy bathroom, our expert roofers are here to help. We take a personalized approach to bathroom remodeling and can transform your bathroom into a relaxing, luxurious space.
Common bathroom remodeling services include:
- Complete bathroom redesigns
- Bathtub to shower conversions
- Shower enclosures & frameless glass doors
- Heated bathroom floors
- High-end bathroom fixtures
- Spa-like bathrooms
Whether it’s additional storage space, an open layout, or a stunning new style, a kitchen remodel can instantaneously improve your lifestyle, refine the aesthetics of your home, and help you lead a more fulfilling life.
Our kitchen remodeling services include:
- Design & project management
- Custom-made cabinets & countertops
- High-end kitchen fixtures
- Open concept layouts
- Backsplashes & distinctive tiles
- Lighting, appliances, architectural hardware, & accessories
Taking a comprehensive approach to whole home remodeling consistently leads to more fulfilling remodels. Since your needs are in the driver’s seat, the process works for you. We’ll work together to develop a beautiful whole home remodeling project perfect for your family.
- Family rooms
- Dining rooms
- Living rooms
Our Proven 6-Step Remodeling Process
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation as well as an on-site meeting.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle needs and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting
Our team will create site plan drawings of the current layout condition of your property, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceilings and beam systems
- Interior partition layout, including walls, doors, & windows
- Exterior features such as decks & porches
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
- Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
- Isometric exterior views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
- FAR calculations
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project including:
- Custom designed materials
- Fabrics & paints
- Lighting fixtures & artwork
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
To kick off your project, we’ll schedule a pre-construction meeting.
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking options on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
This is the final step where the design comes together and things are built and installed. Your Project Manager, Remodeling Coordinator, and Interior Designer will work closely together to ensure:
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
Belmont-Area Home Remodeling Project
First, Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling worked with the client to develop a modern design they loved. We then helped select the perfect finishing touches for countertops, cabinets, and more to meet the client’s style and taste.
Why Choose Us?
Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified
Everyone who works on your project will be fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Our entire team is covered under workers’ compensation insurance. No ifs, ands, or buts.
Your Project Manager will be overseeing the work at your home from beginning to end. This guarantees your project is running perfectly while the Remodeling Coordinator manages all orders and shipments off-site.
Best-in-Belmont 1-year Guarantee
You truly won’t find a more comprehensive service guarantee in Belmont. We’ll be here a year from now and available to address issues that might come up throughout your warranty period.
Communication to Fit Your Needs
The best results are achieved when there’s attentive and open communication. We use multiple avenues to easily communicate with our team, including emails, text messages, and phone calls.
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling has been providing superior refinishing, remodeling, and interior renovation services throughout Belmont since 1999.
Our licensed, award-winning remodeling contractors have a well-deserved reputation for delivering unmatched customer service and superior results. From the initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll find…
- Dedication to your 100% satisfaction
- Highest-quality workmanship and eye for design
- Personalized service and communication
“Wow – these guys are awesome! My wife and I hired Ray to help remodel our old 1960’s bathroom (think baby blue…everywhere). Ray stopped by within a day and helped me brainstorm on how do it right, but do it cost effectively. A few days later David and Marcio were on site, getting to work.
My family and I needed to be away that week, and David and Marcio could not have been more helpful during the process. David called a couple times a day to check in and update me on progress. He even Facetimed me every day to show me how things were going and ask for input on how we wanted things done – its the little things that count. A few days later and we had a gorgeous new bathroom, delivered on time and on budget.
Couldn’t have asked for a better experience – thanks guys!”
Michael W. – Somerville, MA. Yelp