The bathroom, kitchen, and whole-home remodel specialists at Bay State Remodeling & Refinishing know Cambridge homes inside and out!
Whether you’re looking for a modern style, upgraded features, or traditional improvements, the Bay State team knows how to add value to homes in Cambridge. We’ve been providing quality workmanship, materials, and customer service to Cambridge residents since 1999.
We believe architectural brilliance is achieved through convenient, functional home remodeling projects. When working with our award-winning Cambridge home remodelers, your specific needs will always be at the center of our design process. Our goal is always to deliver a home remodel you love. Our in-house architects, engineers, and designers are here to provide you with an end-to-end solution, from design to construction and completion.
We are proud to be featured on:
“Bay State has been fantastic from my first contact with them to the finished product. They renovated our two bathrooms, and they came out beautiful. David, our project manager, was great and made the whole process stress free and a pleasure. The whole team was responsive, professional and great to work with. They have my highest recommendation.”
– Caryn B.
Our Remodeling Services
Is your bathroom outdated, cramped, or messy? Can you never get it clean? We’re here to help! At Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling, we take a personalized approach to bathroom remodeling. Let’s transform your bathroom into a relaxing, luxurious space.
Common bathroom remodeling services include:
- Complete bathroom redesign
- Bathtub to shower conversions
- Shower enclosures & frameless glass doors
- Heated bathroom floors
- High-end bathroom fixtures
- Spa-like bathrooms
Kitchen remodels truly transform your home like nothing else. Additional storage space, open layouts, brand new designs and styles will both improve your lifestyle, the aesthetics of your home, and help you lead a more fulfilling life.
Our kitchen remodeling services include:
- Design & project management
- Custom-made cabinets & countertops
- High-end kitchen fixtures
- Open concept layouts
- Backsplashes & distinctive tiles
- Lighting, appliances, architectural hardware, & accessories
Our whole home remodeling philosophy is that a comprehensive approach leads to fulfilling remodels. Your unique needs are always at the center of our process. We’ll work to build a beautiful whole home remodeling project made of your dreams.
From custom built-ins and woodwork to interior finishing – we’ll ensure the highest level of service and quality throughout the entire project.
Our home remodeling services often include:
- Family room
- Dining room
- Living room
Cambridge-area Home Remodeling Project
Space was crucial within the townhouse so we went into the project with the goal of optimizing the overall space as much as possible. To achieve this goal, we created an open layout so the owners could maximize the living space on the floor.
Bay State’s designers were able to incorporate the existing exposed brick wall into the overall design and accentuate it to make it a design feature throughout. We also successfully converted the gas fireplace into a wood-burning fireplace for cold Cambridge nights.
Why Choose Us?
Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified
Everyone who comes to work on your project will always be fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Our entire team is covered under workers’ compensation insurance.
From start to finish, your Project Manager will be at your home overseeing the worksite. This ensures a smoothly running project while your Remodeling Coordinator manages all orders and shipments off-site.
Best-in-Cambridge 1-year Guarantee
Our service guarantee is the best in Cambridge. We’ll be working in Cambridge a year from now and can address issues that might come up throughout your warranty period.
Communication to Fit Your Needs
Remarkable results are achieved through open communication. We leverage a cornucopia of ways to easily communicate with our team, including emails, text messages, and phone calls.
Our Proven 6-Step Remodeling Process
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
The first step in our design process is an information-gathering session where we’ll discuss the scope of your remodeling project and get to know your design vision.
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation as well as an on-site meeting.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle needs and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Working closely with you, our team will establish a firm design direction for your remodeled space. This step is broken into 2 phases.
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting
Our team will create site plan drawings of the current layout condition of your property, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceilings and beam systems
- Interior partition layout, including walls, doors, & windows
- Exterior features such as decks & porches
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
- Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
- Isometric exterior views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
Our architects will prepare a set of drawings containing all the architectural and structural documentation needed for construction and permitting.
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
- FAR calculations
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Our interior designer will collaborate with you to create a mood board or aesticic story and creating detailed interior 2D and 3D views to illustrate finish materials and procedures.
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project including:
- Custom designed materials
- Fabrics & paints
- Lighting fixtures & artwork
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
To kick off your project, we’ll schedule a pre-construction meeting.
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking options on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
This is the final step where the design comes together and things are built and installed. Your Project Manager, Remodeling Coordinator, and Interior Designer will work closely together to ensure:
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Our licensed and award-winning remodeling contractors have a reputation for delivering unmatched customer service and superior results. From initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll love our…
- Dedication to your 100% satisfaction
- Highest-quality workmanship and eye for design
- Personalized service and communication
What Our Clients Say
“Wow – these guys are awesome! My wife and I hired Ray to help remodel our old 1960’s bathroom (think baby blue…everywhere). Ray stopped by within a day and helped me brainstorm on how do it right, but do it cost effectively. A few days later David and Marcio were on site, getting to work.
My family and I needed to be away that week, and David and Marcio could not have been more helpful during the process. David called a couple times a day to check in and update me on progress. He even Facetimed me every day to show me how things were going and ask for input on how we wanted things done – its the little things that count. A few days later and we had a gorgeous new bathroom, delivered on time and on budget.
Couldn’t have asked for a better experience – thanks guys!”
Michael W. – Somerville, MA. Yelp