At Bay State Remodeling & Refinishing, we’re Newton’s trusted source for bathroom, kitchen, and whole-home remodels. Our award-winning home remodeling contractors have been providing quality workmanship, materials, and customer service to Newton residents since 1999.
Our team believes architectural brilliance goes hand-in-hand with convenience and functionality. When you work with Bay State, we’ll integrate your unique needs into a design you’ll love. Our in-house architect, engineer, and designers are here to provide you with a full-package solution, from design to construction and completion.
Whether you’re looking for a modest single-room upgrade or a complete home makeover, we’ll help create a space that’s not only beautiful, but fits your family’s lifestyle.
We are proud to be featured on:
“Bay State has been fantastic from my first contact with them to the finished product. They renovated our two bathrooms, and they came out beautiful. David, our project manager, was great and made the whole process stress free and a pleasure. The whole team was responsive, professional and great to work with. They have my highest recommendation.”
– Caryn B.
Our Remodeling Services
If your bathroom feels outdated, cramped, or messy, we can help! At Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling, we take a personalized approach to bathroom remodeling. Our focus is transforming your bathroom into a relaxing, luxurious space you’ll love spending time in.
Common bathroom remodeling services include:
- Complete bathroom redesign
- Bathtub to shower conversions
- Shower enclosures & frameless glass doors
- Heated bathroom floors
- High-end bathroom fixtures
- Spa-like bathrooms
Whether you’re in search of additional storage space, an open layout, or a brand new design and style, our kitchen remodeling services can completely transform your kitchen into what you always dreamed it could be.
Our kitchen remodeling services include:
- Design & project management
- Custom-made cabinets & counter tops
- High-end kitchen fixtures
- Open concept layouts
- Backsplashes & distinctive tiles
- Lighting, appliances, and architectural hardware & accessories
Our personalized approach to whole home remodeling projects allows us to truly transform your house into the space of your dreams. We’ll listen to your unique needs, work together to create a plan, and take care of everything along the way to build a seamless and cohesive whole home remodeling project.
From custom built-ins and woodwork to interior finishing – we’ll ensure the highest level of service and quality throughout the entire project.
A home remodeling services often include:
- Family room
- Dining room
- Sun room
- Living room
Newton Home Remodeling Project
Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling helped this Newton couple create the home of their dreams. At the time of purchase, the home’s kitchen wasn’t functional. They quickly decided that they a completely open layout..
Our team jumped right in and came up with a structural design for an open concept layout. Our designers also helped come up with a contrasting finish for the island that carried over to the beautiful built-in wine and coffee bar. The team was able to create the space for the bar when the adjacent powder room was expanded to create space for a laundry room.
In the end, the client was thrilled with their new home. They loved the open concept layout, beautiful finishes, and having their laundry room located on the first floor of the home.
Why Choose Us?
Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified
From plumbers to electricians, anyone we send to your home will always be fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Our entire team is covered under workers compensation insurance.
Your Project Manager will be on site from start to finish. This ensures your project runs smoothly while the Remodeling Coordinator manages all orders and shipments.
Best-in-Newton 1-year Guarantee
We offer a service guarantee you can trust — it’s the best in Newton. We’ll still be around a year from now to address any issues that might come up throughout your warranty period.
Communication to Fit Your Needs
We know the best results are achieved through open communication. We offer multiple ways to easily communicate with our team, including emails, text messages, and phone calls.
Our Proven 6-Step Remodeling Process
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
The first step in our design process is an information-gathering session where we’ll discuss the scope of your remodeling project and get to know your design vision.
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation as well as an on-site meeting.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle needs and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Working closely with you, our team will establish a firm design direction for your remodeled space. This step is broken into 2 phases.
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting
Our team will create site plan drawings of the current layout condition of your property, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceilings and beam systems
- Interior partition layout, including walls, doors, & windows
- Exterior features such as decks & porches
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
- Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
- Isometric exterior views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
Our architects will prepare a set of drawings containing all the architectural and structural documentation needed for construction and permitting.
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
- FAR calculations
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Our interior designer will collaborate with you to create a mood board or aesticic story and creating detailed interior 2D and 3D views to illustrate finish materials and procedures.
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project including:
- Custom designed materials
- Fabrics & paints
- Lighting fixtures & artwork
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
To kick off your project, we’ll schedule a pre-construction meeting.
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking options on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
This is the final step where the design comes together and things are built and installed. Your Project Manager, Remodeling Coordinator, and Interior Designer will work closely together to ensure:
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Since 1999, Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling has been providing superior refinishing, remodeling, and interior renovation services throughout Newton.
Our licensed and award-winning remodeling contractors have a reputation for delivering unmatched customer service and superior results. From initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll love our…
- Dedication to your 100% satisfaction
- Highest-quality workmanship and eye for design
- Personalized service and communication
“Wow – these guys are awesome! My wife and I hired Ray to help remodel our old 1960’s bathroom (think baby blue…everywhere). Ray stopped by within a day and helped me brainstorm on how do it right, but do it cost effectively. A few days later David and Marcio were on site, getting to work.
My family and I needed to be away that week, and David and Marcio could not have been more helpful during the process. David called a couple times a day to check in and update me on progress. He even Facetimed me every day to show me how things were going and ask for input on how we wanted things done – its the little things that count. A few days later and we had a gorgeous new bathroom, delivered on time and on budget.
Couldn’t have asked for a better experience – thanks guys!”
Michael W. – Somerville, MA. Yelp