At Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling, our bathroom, kitchen, and whole-home remodeling specialists know the ins and outs of Somerville home styles and designs.
Whether you’re looking to modernize your space, upgrade to luxurious features, or just update your kitchen, the remodeling team at Bay State knows how to add value to homes in Somerville. We’ve been providing quality workmanship, materials, and customer service to Somerville residents since 1999.
Our philosophy is that architectural brilliance is found where convenience, functionality, and beauty meet. When you work with our award-winning Somerville home remodelers, your needs will always be the driving force of our design process. Our in-house architects, engineers, and designers are here to provide you with an end-to-end solution, from design to construction and completion. Everyone working on your project will always be striving to deliver a home remodel you love.
We are proud to be featured on:
“Bay State has been fantastic from my first contact with them to the finished product. They renovated our two bathrooms, and they came out beautiful. David, our project manager, was great and made the whole process stress free and a pleasure. The whole team was responsive, professional and great to work with. They have my highest recommendation.”
– Caryn B.
Our Remodeling Services
Outdated, cramped, or messy bathroom that’s impossible to clean? Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling takes a personalized approach to bathroom remodeling. Let’s transform your bathroom into a relaxing, luxurious space.
Common bathroom remodeling services include:
- Complete bathroom redesign
- Bathtub to shower conversions
- Shower enclosures & frameless glass doors
- Heated bathroom floors
- High-end bathroom fixtures
- Spa-like bathrooms
Nothing has the ability to truly transform your home like a kitchen remodel. Additional storage space, open layouts, and brand new designs and styles improve your lifestyle and the aesthetics of your home.
Our kitchen remodeling services include:
- Design & project management
- Custom-made cabinets & countertops
- High-end kitchen fixtures
- Open concept layouts
- Backsplashes & distinctive tiles
- Lighting, appliances, architectural hardware, & accessories
Our philosophy when remodeling homes is that a comprehensive approach leads to the most fulfilling remodels. Your unique needs will always be found at the center of our process.
From custom built-ins and woodwork to interior finishing – we’ll ensure the highest level of service and quality throughout the entire project.
Our home remodeling services often include:
- Family room
- Dining room
- Living room
Somerville-area Home Remodeling Project
Maximizing space was crucial to the success of this project. The team at Bay State was able to create a complete open layout by removing a wall enclosing the kitchen.
The exposed brick wall was an integral part of the overall design. Our designers were able to incorporate it into the overall design, making it a key feature throughout the townhouse. They were also able to successfully convert the gas fireplace into a wood-burning fireplace for cold New England nights.
Why Choose Us?
Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified
Anyone who comes to work on your project will be fully licensed, bonded, and insured. The entire Bay State team is covered under workers’ compensation insurance.
From beginning-to-end, your Project Manager will be on site overseeing the project. This ensures your project runs smoothly while your Remodeling Coordinator manages all orders and shipments off-site.
Best-in-Somerville 1-year Guarantee
You won’t find a better service guarantee in Somerville. We’ll be working in town a year from now and will be here address issues that might come up throughout your warranty period.
Communication to Fit Your Needs
Remarkable results are achieved through open communication. We leverage a cornucopia of ways to easily communicate with our team, including emails, text messages, and phone calls.
Our Proven 6-Step Remodeling Process
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
The first step in our design process is an information-gathering session where we’ll discuss the scope of your remodeling project and get to know your design vision.
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation as well as an on-site meeting.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle needs and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Working closely with you, our team will establish a firm design direction for your remodeled space. This step is broken into 2 phases.
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting
Our team will create site plan drawings of the current layout condition of your property, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceilings and beam systems
- Interior partition layout, including walls, doors, & windows
- Exterior features such as decks & porches
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
- Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
- Isometric exterior views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
Our architects will prepare a set of drawings containing all the architectural and structural documentation needed for construction and permitting.
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
- FAR calculations
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Our interior designer will collaborate with you to create a mood board or aesticic story and creating detailed interior 2D and 3D views to illustrate finish materials and procedures.
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project including:
- Custom designed materials
- Fabrics & paints
- Lighting fixtures & artwork
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
To kick off your project, we’ll schedule a pre-construction meeting.
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking options on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
This is the final step where the design comes together and things are built and installed. Your Project Manager, Remodeling Coordinator, and Interior Designer will work closely together to ensure:
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Since 1999, Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling has been providing superior refinishing, remodeling, and interior renovation services throughout Somerville.
Our licensed and award-winning remodeling contractors have a reputation for delivering unmatched customer service and superior results. From initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll love our…
- Dedication to your 100% satisfaction
- Highest-quality workmanship and eye for design
- Personalized service and communication
“Wow – these guys are awesome! My wife and I hired Ray to help remodel our old 1960’s bathroom (think baby blue…everywhere). Ray stopped by within a day and helped me brainstorm on how do it right, but do it cost effectively. A few days later David and Marcio were on site, getting to work.
My family and I needed to be away that week, and David and Marcio could not have been more helpful during the process. David called a couple times a day to check in and update me on progress. He even Facetimed me every day to show me how things were going and ask for input on how we wanted things done – its the little things that count. A few days later and we had a gorgeous new bathroom, delivered on time and on budget.
Couldn’t have asked for a better experience – thanks guys!”
Michael W. – Somerville, MA. Yelp