The bathroom, kitchen, and whole-home remodeling specialists at Bay State Remodeling & Refinishing know how to improve Waltham homes through impeccable designs, distinguished layouts, and unmatched customer service. We’ve helped homeowners update their homes to a more modern style, upgrade features, add space, and complete refined traditional improvements.
We’ve provided premium workmanship, quality materials, and attentive customer service in the Waltham area since 1999.
Our remodeling philosophy is centered around the idea that architectural brilliance is achieved through convenient, functional home remodeling. We’ll always place your specific needs and preferences squarely at the center of our design process. We know that this is the best way to deliver a home remodel you’ll cherish for generations.
“These guys are great. We have a pretty small apartment and they were able to do some pretty substantial renovations while we continued to live there. The whole process was substantially less stressful than it could have been.”
Cole Y. – Boston, MA. Yelp
Our Remodeling Services
If your bathroom is outdated, cramped, or messy, the expert remodelers at Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling are here to help. We’ll take a personalized approach to bathroom remodeling to transform your bathroom into a relaxing, luxurious space.
Common bathroom remodeling services include:
- Complete bathroom redesign
- Bathtub to shower conversions
- Shower enclosures & frameless glass doors
- Heated bathroom floors
- High-end bathroom fixtures
- Spa-like bathrooms
Nothing can transform your home quite like a kitchen remodel. Whether it’s additional storage space, an open layout, or a stunning new design or style, a new kitchen will improve your lifestyle, refine the aesthetics of your home, and help you lead a more fulfilling life.
Our kitchen remodeling services include:
- Design & project management
- Custom-made cabinets & countertops
- High-end kitchen fixtures
- Open concept layouts
- Backsplashes & distinctive tiles
- Lighting, appliances, architectural hardware, & accessories
We believe a comprehensive approach to whole home remodels consistently leads to fulfilling remodels. Your needs will always be in the driver’s seat of our process. We’ll work together to build you a beautiful whole home remodeling project perfect for your family.
From custom built-ins and woodwork to interior finishing – we’ll ensure the highest level of service and quality throughout the entire project.
Our home remodeling services often include:
- Family rooms
- Dining rooms
- Living rooms
Waltham-area Home Remodeling Project
Our team jumped in and created a structural design for an open concept layout. They then planned the remodel so the construction was completed swiftly and did not impede the homeowners’ ability to live in their new home.
In the end, the client was thrilled with their new home and loved the open concept layout, beautiful finishes, and new laundry room relocated to the first floor of the home.
Why Choose Us?
Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified
Everyone working on your project will always be fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Our entire team is covered under workers’ compensation insurance. No ifs, ands, or buts.
From beginning to end, your Project Manager will be overseeing the worksite at your home. This ensures your project is running perfectly while the Remodeling Coordinator manages all orders and shipments off-site.
Best-in-Waltham 1-year Guarantee
You won’t find a better service guarantee in Waltham. We’ll be here working a year from now and will be available to address issues that might come up throughout your warranty period.
Communication to Fit Your Needs
We believe the highest-quality results are achieved when there is attentive and open communication. We use multiple avenues to easily communicate with our team, including emails, text messages, and phone calls.
Our Proven 6-Step Remodeling Process
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
The first step in our design process is an information-gathering session where we’ll discuss the scope of your remodeling project and get to know your design vision.
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation as well as an on-site meeting.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle needs and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Working closely with you, our team will establish a firm design direction for your remodeled space. This step is broken into 2 phases.
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting
Our team will create site plan drawings of the current layout condition of your property, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceilings and beam systems
- Interior partition layout, including walls, doors, & windows
- Exterior features such as decks & porches
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
- Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
- Isometric exterior views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
Our architects will prepare a set of drawings containing all the architectural and structural documentation needed for construction and permitting.
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
- FAR calculations
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Our interior designer will collaborate with you to create a mood board or aesticic story and creating detailed interior 2D and 3D views to illustrate finish materials and procedures.
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project including:
- Custom designed materials
- Fabrics & paints
- Lighting fixtures & artwork
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
To kick off your project, we’ll schedule a pre-construction meeting.
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking options on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
This is the final step where the design comes together and things are built and installed. Your Project Manager, Remodeling Coordinator, and Interior Designer will work closely together to ensure:
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling has been providing superior refinishing, remodeling, and interior renovation services throughout Waltham since 1999.
Our licensed, award-winning remodeling contractors have a well-deserved reputation for delivering unmatched customer service and superior results. From the initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll find…
- Dedication to your 100% satisfaction
- Highest-quality workmanship and eye for design
- Personalized service and communication
What Our Clients Say
“This was just about the best contractor experience I have ever had. (And I have had many.) I found Baystate via an internet search. From the first call with Ray, I immediately felt comfortable. The first meeting confirmed these were the contractors for this job.
The work was done almost exactly according to the schedule we originally discussed, even considering a number of additions along the way. They made their jobs seem easy to me – and I know there were a number of issues to deal with in the design.
Overall, the team was AMAZING. I would definitely use them again and highly recommend them. Thank you ALL!”
— K. N. – Chestnut Hill, MA