Whether it’s the latest styles homeowners are chasing or the features homebuyers are looking for, our team knows how to add value to homes in Watertown. We’ve been providing quality workmanship, materials, and customer service to Watertown residents since 1999.
Our team believes architectural brilliance is discovered through convenient and functional home improvement projects. When you work with the award winning remodelers at Bay State, we’ll place your unique needs at the center of our design process to deliver a remode you’ll love. Our in-house architects, engineers, and designers are here to provide you with an end-to-end solution, from design to construction and completion.
Whether you’re looking for a modest single-room upgrade or a complete home makeover, we’ll help design and build a space that’s not only beautiful, but fits your family’s lifestyle.
We are proud to be featured on:
Our Remodeling Services
Does your bathroom feel outdated, cramped, or messy? We’re here to help! Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling takes a personalized approach to remodeling bathrooms in Watertown. We want to transform your bathroom into the relaxing, luxurious space you deserve.
- Complete bathroom redesign
- Bathtub to shower conversions
- Shower enclosures & frameless glass doors
- Heated bathroom floors
- High-end bathroom fixtures
- Spa-like bathrooms
Kitchen remodels can be transformative for a home. Additional storage space, open layouts, brand new designs and styles — these are not just features that will change the way your kitchen looks, but change the way you live your life.
Our kitchen remodeling services include:
- Design & project management
- Custom-made cabinets & countertops
- High-end kitchen fixtures
- Open concept layouts
- Backsplashes & distinctive tiles
- Lighting, appliances, and architectural hardware & accessories
We take a comprehensive approach to whole home remodeling projects. We always listen to your unique needs and place them at the center of our process. We’ll work from there to create a plan and get started building a cohesive whole home remodeling project that dreams are made of.
- Family room
- Dining room
- Sun room
- Living room
Known as one of the best places to live in the Boston area, Watertown resides in Middlesex County. One of the original Massachusetts Bay Colonies settled by English Puritans in 1630, Watertown has a true old New England feel. The town is known for drawing commuters who work in Boston given its bustling suburban/urban feel and lively restaurant and bar scene.
At Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling, we love working with Watertown homeowners and their always interesting and often historic homes.
Watertown-area Home Remodeling Project
Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling jumped in to help. First, our design team worked with the client to develop a modern design. Our team then helped select the perfect finishing touches for countertops, cabinets, and more to meet the client’s style and taste.
Once the planning was finalized, the crew at Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling got to work. In only 9 weeks, our team created a beautiful bathroom the client loves.
Why Choose Us?
A Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified Team
No matter what part they play in your project, anyone we send to your home will always be fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Our entire team is covered under workers’ compensation insurance.
Dedicated Project Manager and Remodeling Coordinator
Your Project Manager will be at your home overseeing the worksite from start to finish. This ensures the project runs smoothly while your Remodeling Coordinator manages all orders and shipments off-site.
Best-in-Boston 1-year Guarantee on Our Services
You can trust our service guarantee — it’s the best in Watertown. We’ll be working here in the Watertown area a year from now and can address issues that might come up throughout your warranty period.
Communication Methods to Fit Your Needs
Remarkable results are achieved through open communication. We leverage a cornucopia of ways to easily communicate with our team, including emails, text messages, and phone calls.
Our Proven 6-Step Remodeling Process
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
The first step in our design process is an information-gathering session where we’ll discuss the scope of your remodeling project and get to know your design vision.
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation as well as an on-site meeting.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle needs and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Working closely with you, our team will establish a firm design direction for your remodeled space. This step is broken into 2 phases.
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting
Our team will create site plan drawings of the current layout condition of your property, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceilings and beam systems
- Interior partition layout, including walls, doors, & windows
- Exterior features such as decks & porches
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
- Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
- Isometric exterior views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
Our architects will prepare a set of drawings containing all the architectural and structural documentation needed for construction and permitting.
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
- FAR calculations
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Our interior designer will collaborate with you to create a mood board or aesticic story and creating detailed interior 2D and 3D views to illustrate finish materials and procedures.
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project including:
- Custom designed materials
- Fabrics & paints
- Lighting fixtures & artwork
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
To kick off your project, we’ll schedule a pre-construction meeting.
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking options on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
This is the final step where the design comes together and things are built and installed. Your Project Manager, Remodeling Coordinator, and Interior Designer will work closely together to ensure:
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Since 1999, Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling has been providing superior refinishing, remodeling, and interior renovation services throughout Watertown.
Our licensed and award-winning remodeling contractors have a reputation for delivering unmatched customer service and superior results. From initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll love our…
- Dedication to your 100% satisfaction
- Highest-quality workmanship and eye for design
- Personalized service and communicatio
What Our Clients Say
“This was just about the best contractor experience I have ever had. (And I have had many.) I found Baystate via an internet search. From the first call with Ray, I immediately felt comfortable. The first meeting confirmed these were the contractors for this job.
The work was done almost exactly according to the schedule we originally discussed, even considering a number of additions along the way. They made their jobs seem easy to me – and I know there were a number of issues to deal with in the design.
Overall, the team was AMAZING. I would definitely use them again and highly recommend them. Thank you ALL!”
— K. N. – Chestnut Hill, MA