Are you looking to add value to you home in Boston? While there are lots of small things you can do to make your home more appealing, to substantially increase home value you must make real changes.
Remodel your home
The #1 way to increase home value? Home remodeling.
Home remodeling works to make a home more livable. This is a broad definition, but for a reason! With a home remodel, you can do whatever you need to make it a space you (and future homebuyers) will love.
While this leads to different results for different people, it generally means a space that’s more comfortable, luxurious, high-tech, and design-forward. It also just makes life easier by complimenting your lifestyle and designing around most-loved features.
By updating features, materials, layout, interior design, and so much more, the overall quality of your home improves. This leads to a home you’ll enjoy spending time in and home buyers in the future will be more likely to spend the big bucks for.
Reasons to remodel your home
We work with many homeowners, and each have their own unique reasons for remodeling. Every person and family is different, so every home remodel should be, too.
Some top reasons we see homeowners remodeling their homes include:
- Growing family: When you first buy a house, you may have made different plans for your family. But as children are born, your spatial needs increase. Even without adding square feet, you can generally add more space through an adjustment in your home’s layout.
- Aging in place: As you enter your golden years, you might have different needs and priorities. Aging in place remodeling is centered around the philosophy that life is more enjoyable when you can age on your own terms, in your own home. These remodels are build around 3 cornerstones: safety, luxury, and convenience.
- Modernizing an old home: Particularly here in the Boston area, homes are old. These historic homes were built in a different time period that necessitated different layouts and room sizes. Modern home remodeling opens these homes up.
- Lifestyle adjustment: People change and so do their lives. If you’ve started working from home, your in-laws have moved in, or have a hobby that you want to take to the next level, a home addition can help dial in your home.
Where in my home should I remodel?
Literally any space in your home can be remodeled. This leaves room for a lot of options, so we suggest prioritizing the rooms in your home that you think blend the right mix of needing to be updated and having a high importance to you and your family’s lifestyle.
Some good places to start thinking about include…
This is just a list, so don’t hold back! Any room in your home is deserving of the attention of a home remodel.
Types of home remodels
We work with homeowners with all types of budgets and needs. Some just need updates to one room in particular, while others need their entire home updated and remodeled. Many fall right in between.
Generally, all types of remodels fall into one of the following 3 types of remodels:
- Whole home: This is the big shebang. For older homes in need of a major update, this is what’s needed. One of the many advantages to remodeling your entire home at once is that it’s guaranteed to be a cohesive design and layout from the get-go.
- Multi-room: A hallmark of a multi-room remodeling project is transforming a space into an open floor plan. Often this allows the living space and kitchen space merge into one.
- Single room: Whether it’s a kitchen, master bedroom, or any other room in your home, targeted remodels are a great option if one space is severely outdated or you want to take a step-by-step approach to remodeling your home.
Bay State Refinishing and Remodeling can help you increase home value
At Bay State Refinishing and Remodeling, we exist to help Boston Homeowners increase the value and enjoyment of their homes. Our home remodeling services are designed to be modern and exceed expectations. We also are proud to offer the most comprehensive and highest-quality bathroom refinishing services in the Boston area.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you increase the value of your home!