At Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling, we believe a beautifully decorated and designed home helps increase enjoyment of your space. That’s why we’re proud to offer expert interior design services to our remodeling and architectural design clients — whether for a single room, kitchen, bathroom, or entire home.
Our interior design architects put your goals first. We take time to understand what you love in a space and consider your unique lifestyle needs, allowing us to develop creative and technical interior design solutions. Your remodeled home deserves to be perfectly designed – we’re here to help.
Interior Design Done Right
Whether you want your remodeled space to fit seamlessly with the rest of your home or stand out on its own, we’ll help create a space you love. Smaller remodels may not benefit from designer input, but our interior design architectural services are a great fit for design-build remodeling projects and include…
Space Planning & Floor Plan Designs
Custom Built-ins & Storage Solutions
Wall Treatment Design (Wallpaper, Paint Finishes, Panel Designs)
Flooring Material Selection & Custom Design
Appliances & Lighting Selection & Procurement
Furniture & Accessories Selection & Procurement
Our Proven 6-Step Remodeling Process
Step 1: Consultation & Estimate
The first step in our design process is an information-gathering session where we’ll discuss the scope of your remodeling project and get to know your design vision.
This step consists of both an over-the-phone and/or email conversation as well as an on-site meeting.
During these conversations & meetings, we’ll…
- Discuss your lifestyle needs and design preferences
- Understand more about your vision, budget, and schedule
- Outline our design process and answer any questions you may have
- Discuss our interior design process and determine whether or not you would like to include this service
Step 2: Design Concept Development
Working closely with you, our team will establish a firm design direction for your remodeled space. This step is broken into 2 phases.
Phase 1: Existing Conditions and Reporting
Our team will create site plan drawings of the current layout condition of your property, including:
- Structural assemblies such as ceilings and beam systems
- Interior partition layout, including walls, doors, & windows
- Exterior features such as decks & porches
Phase 2: Proposed Conditions Layout & Conceptual Drawings
- Your conceptual plan will consist of:
- Existing and proposed layouts
- Demolition exhibits
- Existing and proposed 3D views of your space
- Isometric exterior views of your space
Step 3: Permit & Construction Documentation
Our architects will prepare a set of drawings containing all the architectural and structural documentation needed for construction and permitting.
This step includes all technical construction plans such as…
- Detailed framing plans (2D & 3D)
- Cross section views
- Elevation views
- Structural connection details
- Windows and doors schedules
- Electrical plans with fixture legends
- FAR calculations
Step 4: Interior Design Development
Our interior designer will collaborate with you to create a mood board or aesthetic story and creating detailed interior 2D and 3D views to illustrate finish materials and procedures.
Together, you’ll select the right colors and materials for your project including:
- Custom designed materials
- Fabrics & paints
- Lighting fixtures & artwork
- Wall & window treatments
- Furniture & accessories
Step 5: Pre-Construction Meeting
To kick off your project, we’ll schedule a pre-construction meeting.
During this meeting, you’ll meet with your project manager to review and discuss important details, including…
- Parking options on site
- Work hours during the week and weekends
- Specific requests and needs
- Communication with project manager, remodeling coordinator, interior designer, and office
- Materials and tool storage on site
Step 6: Construction & Installation
This is the final step where the design comes together and things are built and installed. Your Project Manager, Remodeling Coordinator, and Interior Designer will work closely together to ensure:
- You’re informed throughout the project, providing multiple methods of communication to best fit your needs
- The details of the design work are expertly documented and clearly outlined
- All materials are received in good condition
- Design elements are installed correctly
- Interior design plans are properly followed
- Punch list documentation is prepared and completed prior to final payment
- The finished result fits perfectly with your vision
Why Choose Us?
A Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured & Qualified Team
Every person we send to your home, including plumbers and electricians, are fully licensed. Plus, our entire team is covered under workers compensation insurance.
Dedicated Project Manager and Remodeling Coordinator
Your Project Manager will be on-site from start to finish, ensuring the project runs smoothly, while the Remodeling Coordinator will manage all orders and shipments.
Best-in-Boston 1-year Guarantee on Our Services
As an established company, we offer a service guarantee you can trust. We’ll still be around a year from now to address any issues that might come up during your warranty period.
Communication Methods to Fit Your Needs
We know the best results are achieved through open communication, so we offer multiple ways to easily talk with our team, including emails, text messages, and phone calls.
About Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling
Bay State Refinishing & Remodeling has been providing high-quality refinishing, remodeling, and interior design services throughout Boston for almost 20 years.
Our licensed and award-winning interior design and remodeling team has a reputation for delivering unmatched customer service and superior results. From initial estimate to the final inspection, you’ll love our…
- Dedication to your 100% satisfaction
- Creative ideas and eye for design
- Individualized service and easy communication